“AKWA”, “our”, “us” or “we” means AKWA Technologies Solutions inc.
In general, usage data collected on the AKWA website or using our Products is Aggregated and Anonymous. You are therefore not identified personally, as it is not considered Personal Information.
Here is a brief definition of the different categories of information:
This includes information used to identify you directly or indirectly. For instance, this includes and is not limited to your name, address, email address, phone number or location data.
Information can be aggregated and / or anonymous. When information is aggregated, it is combined with other users’ information.
Aggregated information that includes Personal Information is considered Personal Information. When Personal Information is removed, it is considered anonymous. Anonymous data is used for internal or external use, for example, to determine how many users viewed a video or used the web site. Such information cannot be used to identify a user.
- To protect and safeguard your Personal Information and data.
- To be transparent about the types of information we collect and how we use them.
- To use data responsibly. When using or sharing data, we do so with the objective to provide or enhance your user experience. In certain circumstances, third parties such as your home insurer or plumber may subsidize, discount or pay for a portion of the AKWA products and services. In such circumstances, you have consented to permit AKWA to share data collected, including your personal information, with such a Third-Party.
- To use industry standard data security tools to keep your data safe and prevent unauthorized access.
How do we collect information?
AKWA or its Authorized Resellers gather information including, for example, your phone, address, email, billing and shipping address, credit card information or otherPersonal Information provided when you register to our services, search for a product, use our products or place an order on the AKWA websites and platforms. Once you provide us with your phone number, it is stored with your account information and we use it to send you a system status, such as leak alerts or default notices (i.e. ‘low battery’).
We also collect data from AKWA sensors, including but not limited to alerts, notifications, or user settings through the usage of AKWA Concierge, our web based central alarm system.
During setup and configuration on our web platform, for technical support purposes, we also gather information such as model, serial number, software version and any information essential for proper technical support. Also, when configuring AKWA on your network, you will need to enter your Wi-Fi Network Information to activate AKWA Concierge. Note that your Wi-Fi password will not be saved by AKWA or sent to theCloud.
Once connected, AKWA can push alerts and data to the Cloud, but it cannot receive any data. If we ever need to upgrade or flash your system from a distance, we will need your authorization to access AKWA. AKWA is designed to be secure and safe, and even though no Personal Information is transmitted on the Cloud, we also make sure the anonymous information that is transmitted from AKWA is automatically encrypted as an additional security measure. In terms of information pushed to theCloud, we typically will have a status (leak alert) combined with a serial number, without any Personal Information, so that any information cannot be traced to its owner.
On our website, we also gather information such as, but not limited to, cookies or tracking tools, download statistics, error messages, pages visited, products viewed or searched, length of visits to certain pages. On our website we use tracking tools to recognize new or past customers, store passwords and registration information, identify your language or enhance your user experience.
AKWA uses physical, administrative, and technological methods to transmit data securely. The data is stored using Third-Party Cloud based hosting services. That said, AKWA cannot guarantee that third-party partners are 100% security proof. In the event Personal Information is compromised resulting from a security breach, we will take all reasonable steps to investigate the situation and when appropriate, to notify individuals whose information have been compromised, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
AKWA gathers information depending on the purpose and usage. On our web site, we may need to setup an account, facilitate a purchase, register your name as a customer, give you technical support, provide information on potential hardware or software issues, provide you with changes in our terms and policies, offer you troubleshooting or a variety of other services designed to enhance your experience with AKWA.
Personal Information is also used to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject to, such as tax or financial reporting. Regarding marketing information, any processed information will be on an ‘opt-in’ basis or you will be prompted using an acceptance box, and your consent is required. Note that opt-in / opt-out choices don’t apply to mandatory communications, such as leak alerts, order receipts or shipping confirmations.
Under no circumstances, Personal Information is sold or rented to third-parties for marketing purposes, unless you have granted us permission to do so. Data can also be shared with Business partners providing services or transactions such as plumbing, order processors, information storage, payment processing to verify credit card payment information. Also Authorized or Invited Users, such as technicians or property managers, with your explicit consent, could have access to your account to control and view your devices. In the event you choose to sign up to a program offered by a AKWA partner, such as insurance companies, your Personal Information could also be shared.
Your explicit consent is required to allow any information exchange on your behalf, and at any time you are able to change your mind. Here are other situations where AKWA may share your Personal Information:
- If AKWA merges or is acquired by another entity, Personal Information will be transferred to the successor entity.
- Compliance to laws, legal processes, government reporting
- Our right to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, such as protecting our brand, intellectual property infringement, fraud or any other potential threats
- As a user, you may decide to connect and interface AKWA with other devices, products or services, and such this may involve information exchange from AKWA Product with third-party products or services. In such situations, your explicit consent and authorization will be required at the time of connection to other third-party products or services.
At anytime, you may request us to provide a copy of any Personal Information held on our current records, or correct and modify your data if needed. When we no longer need Personal Information, we will take the appropriate measures to remove them from our systems and records and / or take steps make sure that are rendered anonymous.
Your Individual Rights
We recognize the following user rights and adhere to GDPR (General Data ProtectionRegulation) principles, including:
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object; and
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
- Consent to collect and process data.
- Acknowledge that monetizing data is part of AKWA’s business plan
- Consent to data export. Personal Information may be collected, processed and stored by AKWA or its service providers where our web servers reside. Be aware that privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your Personal Information, may not be equivalent in each country.
Contact and Complaints
If you are situated in Europe, and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices as data controller, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your any Supervisory Authority, so please contact us in the first instance.
If you have any questions or comments related to this Policy, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated September 26th 2019